Monday, August 22, 2011

Blog Assignment #1




ABOUT ME

Hi, my name is Nicole LeeAnn Bone. I go by LeeAnn and yes, my last name really is Bone. Like A bone in your body. I am 19, 20 on May 24th, 1992 in which I was premature. I had a undeveloped lung, so I stayed in the hospital for about two more months. I was supposed to be born on July 4th, 1992. I was going to be an Independence baby. The doctors said I would have all kinds of problem from being slow to not being able to see, which is the only thing I got out of what the doctors said and even my sight isn’t so bad. I am thankful to be alive. I have blue eyes and glasses because well, I am blind, I can’t see things that are far away. If it is up close, and I mean UP CLOSE, then I can see it. I originally had dark brown hair, but now it is black. Why? Because I wanted to try something new and not so out there. Once upon a time it was pinkish red. Yeah, I know. I am about say “5,9”. My parents were quite tall. My dad, Jerricho Lee Bone, was about 6 foot and my mom, Carol Ann Bone, was about “5,11”. They have now been divorced for over 3 years. I am two sisters, Katrina Ann Bone, and MaRanda Leigh Bone. Katrina is 17 and a senior while MaRanda is 15 and a sophomore at Alma Bryant High. I have a step-dad, Shane Patton, and two step-brothers, Tristen and Christopher Patton who are in the 8th grade at Grand Bay Middle school. They are twins, not identical. I have a step-sister, Victoria Patton, and she is about 21 and has a baby boy named Brantley. We have two dogs, Oreo and Rex, and two cats, Ninja and Shiva. I live currently in Grand Bay Alabama. I have moved around a bunch during my years growing up, so I never know if I will be in one spot for a while or not. I have moved every year almost. Each grade I was at another school. During Middle school, 6-8 grade, I happened to stay in one spot for those three years and even my 9th grade year, but then moved to Mississippi, for my 10th grade year, and then back to Alabama to finish school and graduate. I am class of 2010. In college it says I will be class of 2016. I am attending South Alabama because it was the closest to home and they had what I wanted to major in. I did not want to go to another state or have to drive very far to go to college. I am fine right here. I want to major in Elementary Education. My reasons: Because I love children and I love to teach. People say I am brave and crazy for WANTING to teach children. I am not crazy or brave; I just want to do something I love. I enjoy being around children and teaching them how to count or color or telling them about what the earth is made of and see them react in such awe. It is what I want to do, and succeed in. Knowing I have inspired a child makes me feel great about myself. I will be minoring in Ceramics. I like art and I find this art to be truly interesting and unique. It makes me feel really joyful inside. I may want to become an art teacher for the Elementary school. Art and teaching children would be great. What I do best is being a good person, a nice person. Everyone tells me I am such a nice person, that I respect others in such ways, that I have great morals. I never really thought about it or even noticed it. I was just being me and doing what is right rather than wrong. So what I am best at is being myself. What I do like to do more than anything is cook. ^_^ I just love to cook. I try to cook whenever I can if I have the right ingredients, and mom lets me. Cooking relaxes me, along with playing video games. They are relaxing as well. I like to read also. I read four books over the summer. It was a series. Vampire Academy if anyone has heard of it. I need to read the last one. I am excited to see what happens next. I also read another series called The House of Night Novels. I am waiting for the next book to come out. As you can see when I get to talking, well typing or writing, I do a lot of it. I am not a very talkative person, but I can type or write you a book. I just let what comes to mind go down on paper. If it is just too much and you can’t handle it, well, I am sorry but that is me. Take me as I am, never try and change me, I will be me, whether you approve or not. What else is there to say? I know I have not told you everything about me. There is more to me. I want to Travel. Yes, I know, I want to be a teacher, but also travel. I think I can do it though. I can still travel the world. I want to visit all kinds of places, Italy, Germany, Egypt, France, Russia, anywhere. I have only been back and forth to different southern places in Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. I have been to Florida once, and that was with my dad to Panama City for a Modeling thingy. I want to go out of state, out of country though. It will be exciting. I have a boyfriend, Andy Callister, not which that is important to any of you, but it is to me. I have been dating him for 2 years now. He is a great person, respectable, caring, humorous, and loud. He is going in the Army. He leaves for Basic February 7th. So everyone, I know you do not know him, but wish him luck, he will one day be fighting for this country. I have two very best friends, Daryl Tate and Lauren Real. They are like my siblings to me. I would do anything for them. They are the greatest friends I could ever have. I work at the Library at South. It isn’t the greatest job but it is something rather than nothing. I like working there for the most part. The people I work with are all very nice people. So, if you ever need help with anything at the library you can try and find me and I can try and help you with what you need. It is not a problem. I love to help out.  Well, I have written quite a bit for now. I could go on, and on for a while, but best to save some writing for later. Hope this hasn’t been a bore to anyone. It is not the most wonderful thing to read, but hey you found out something new about a person you are in class with. So Smile, because everyone should and never give up no matter what life throws your way.

TIME MANAGEMENT

I leanred that I do not need to waste my time. Manage it. I need to ask myself why am I doing this and what will happen if I do not do it? It is much better to do the right things than to do things right. I learned that experience takes time, you will not just have it in one setting and it cannot be faked. I need to have a plan. If I fail to plan, then I plan to fail. I can change my plan once I have one. I have to obtain one first. And lastly do the ugliest thing first. I do not know anything else about Dr. Pausch. He is a great motivational speaker.

1 comment:

  1. It is great to have you in EDM 310! I hope that you have a great time and we want you to come to the labs anytime you have questions.

    We really like Randy Pausch here in EDM so you will be seeing him more in the semester!

    ReplyDelete