Sunday, December 4, 2011

Blog Assignment #14

Technology


Using Technology in the Classroom

I think all ten tips would be very beneficial to using and teaching with technology in the classroom. I agree with what he has to say. I think videos would be great for a visual aid. I pick up on things better when it is shown than reading it. That's just how it works for me. Using music helps because everyone loves music. Instantly people are wanting to view what has been put together and in return people learn the information because of the song. This happens to me also, I put a song with the info and I remember it. Using things like Skype help to communicate with other people like teachers and people from other places helps to learn what other people are doing in other schools or countries. It also males it fun to learn. Creating your own exercises will be fun and students will pick up on the information easier. The teachers know the kids best, other then parents, so they can generate something to help them learn and succeed.I think the whiteboard would be greatly helpful because students can interact with it. If something is wrong they can go back and see what they did that was not right. It can also be fun and motivational to students and the teachers. I find whiteboards to be very interesting and fun to play with. Podcasts can be great to use because instead of reading it you are hearing it. I find that more better than reading it. I still like to read things, but I pick up on the information better if I listen to it. I can also rewind it if I need to to hear it again. You can also put the voice or sound with a movie and make it even better. Blogs can be great as you can put all the information you want people to know on there and people from all over the world can communicate with you and learn from them and experience different things. It is a great tool. Social networks can be a great tool also. You can communicate in ways other things cannot. Internet tools, there are so many. Use them to your advantage. They can help out a lot. Lastly, students gadgets like cell phones and iPods can be used to help students out also. They can keep information stored. Use different apps to help the students out with things.
All of these tips I agree can help you use technology in the classroom. They can benefit the student in many ways. Technology can be a great asset in the classroom. Students will learn. Teachers will teach better and everyone will be motivated for the better, students and teachers and many more. Technology is a wonderful thing. You just have to be able to use it correctly for the process to work right.

1 comment: