Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blog Assignment #11

Children and Technology


First off, I loved the video. All the kids were so interested in the technology and had knowledge on how to use it and use it well. I love that. I one day want to do that with my kids. use blogs, Wikis, videos, Skype, and anything else that will help my kids learn many, many things.I like that when using technology, the internet and such, Mrs. Cassidy helps to keep the students safe from the bad stuff. Do not post a picture of yourself and do not use your last name. Things which I will remember to tell my students when I begin to use technology to help kids learn and be productive in life. I like that the kids were making their own videos to help them learn the alphabet and even using blogs to figure information out. I agree with Mrs. Cassidy when she says teachers should be technologically literate. They should because when using technology to educate others, especially young children, you do not need to just know the basics. You need to know all that you can about it so as to help your students in the classroom and so that they can go home and do it on their own also. I admit that I am not a very technologically literate person, but I want to learn how to be and learn more about it. That way when I educate my students I will be doing it the right way and if they have questions I can answer them. Though, if I do not, I will go find out the answer to tell them. No question will go unanswered and any question can be asked. It is great that kids start out young identifying technology and the ways to use it, so that later in life they have a vast knowledge on it and can use it very well to succeed in life situation that call for it. The video can be seen here.
First Graders and Technology

1 comment:

  1. "Though, if I do not, I will go find out the answer to tell them." Better yet, teach them to find answers themselves. Or make finding answers a joint activity.

    Where is your discussion of the Skype interview with Ms. Cassidy?

    ReplyDelete