Sunday, September 4, 2011

Blog Assignment #2

Did You Know? by Karl Fish and Scott McLeod
This video helps you see just how big the rest of the world is compared to the United States. It looks as if we are running behind. Our technology is changing fast and everyday and is not letting up. Technology has exploded out of water and is now used for everything in everyday life. Without it, I do not believe there would be much running in the world.
The video shocked me because I did not know just how much the United States is slacking in. China is becoming the #1 English speaking country. The United states should be #1 considering we have the majority of English speaking people. In India, 25% of its population with the highest IQ’s is more than our total population in the United States. The United States needs to better educate our young ones. We need to better adapt to technology rising and being part of our everyday lives. We need not to take it for granted. Did You know?

Mr. Winkles Wakes by Matthew Needleman
I think in this video it seems as if our education is going to always be the same. 1000 tears from now our educators will still be using the "Burp back method" which is when your kids are filled with information and then burp in back up on paper just to pass but never actually learning the information. I don't think this is working for our kids for the best. Now there is also technology involved.
We need to start intergrating technology more in schools since it is becoming more and more involved in our lives. Soon that is the only thing students will be learning from. We need to start getting our students involved with technology and have them actually learn in school, not just memorize and forget. Mr. Winkle Wakes

Sir Ken Robinson: The Importance of Creativity
I think some of what Mr.Robinson is true. I do not think schools crush creativity, but they do tell children through the years that if you make a mistake it is the worst thing you can make. I find that not to be true. I think it is ok to make mistakes. I think it helps you and teaches you in the long run to be better at what you do. If you make a mistake, no problem, just try again.
I agree that we grow out of creaivity rather than into. Over the years my creativity has went down because of school. I make a mistake in my creativness and it made me feel I never needed to do that again ever rather than rearrange it and learn from it. I think the arts shouldn't be lower than any other subject. I think it should be equal instead. We need to get our creativity back. Sir Robinson

Cecelia Gault (Young Student in Finland) Interviews Sir Ken Robinson
I agree with Sir Robinson. I think that everyone is creative and they do have the ability to be creative. I do not think that only certain people have the creative abilities, I think that the ones who can perform on a higher level is because they make mistakes and learn from it.
You just have to get into. Make mistakes, it is ok. I would want to teach the arts as a equal to other subects. I think the arts are as just important. Cecelia Gault Interview

Vicki Davis: Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts
I like what this video implies. Get students involved with all technology. Help them improve their ways to learn. Know how to use technology to the fullest. Technology is advancing so quickly and will keep growing. It shows how important technology is in classrooms and we need to get our students more involved with it. Students will be able to put all effort into something they like to do and we can learn from it.
Vicki Davis
Technology and Liberal arts

2 comments:

  1. LeeAnn your blog is quite impressive, I could learn a lot from you. I like your script also. You seem very wordy which to a nerd like myself is a delight to see. Your grammar is excellent except for a sentence or two that end with prepositions, but overall you seem to be on the ball. I will use your blog posts to help me with mine. You were not the initial student that I was supposed to comment on but seeing that I am behind I wanted to get started early in the week and my assigned student did not have a blog done yet.
    Again your doing well and I think you will do great in this class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. China is over 5 times as populous as the United States. So if only 20% (actually a bit less) of the Chinese population speaks English that would be more people than the entire population of the United States. The same point is made about India which has more than 4 times as many citizens as we do. It's a matter of the size of the population.

    Yes, we all make mistakes. I make lots of them. That's why we have this class motto: I don't know. Let's find out.

    ReplyDelete