Monday, September 12, 2011

Blog Assignment #3

"It's Not About the Technology" by Kelly Hines
I liked what Mrs. Hines had to say. I think she is right. I believe technology is not the most important thing in our world for children to learn. Yes, it is going to be a great asset to use, but it is not the most important. I think teachers need to be great learners before trying to teach childen and they learn from the teacher.
When I go to teach my kids, I hope they can learn from me. I want to inspire them to do the same in the future. Learn rather than forget. I want to change up the way some schools are teaching their kids. Give the children information, they memorize it, and then write it on paper and forget what was taught. I want the children to learn and it is up to me wether that happens or not. Mrs. Hines Post

Karl Fisch: Is It Okay to Be A Technologically Illiterate Teacher?
I would have to say that what Karl says in his blog makes sense. Teachers need to be technology literate. They need to be able to understand the technology themselves before trying to teach it to others. Especially whe it comes to children. A child will take everything in you say and pass it to others, so you want to teach them correctly. Teachers need to learn the information about technology first before trying to pass it on to children.
I think teachers should be able to understand technology but not focus on it as a main priority when teaching. I think technology helps to teach but you yourself has to know the information before letting technology help out. You must learn before you can teach others. Karl Fischs Post

Gary Hayes Social Media Count
When watching the count change I realize their is a abundant amount of people in this world using technology for any amount of reasoning. The number changes so quickly and climbs higher and higher. So much technology been used in a a few seconds, a minute, and the numbers constantly go up. It makes me think that people are very dependent on technolgy. It also makes me think, "What would happen if technology suddenly no longer existed?" How would people handle it and what would they do.
To me it means that technology will be a great way to teach in the classroom if used properly and correctly. Do not depend on it, but let it help you out while teaching and get children involved in what your doing so they learn. Since their is so many people using technology round the world, it would be great for finding sources and useing them to interpret ideas ina classroom and such. I do not want to rely on technology though. It is useful yes, but there are other ways for childen to learn rather tha just by technology.

Michael Wesch: A Vision of Students Today
Thouh this video shows students and what they are dealing with, have you wonder what about the teachers? Teachers have been in our situations before, they were once students also. A student goes to college to get a education, to learn. Not to facebook, twitter, skip class, or not do work. If that is all they do then why pay to get a education, move over and let someone who wants to get a education take your spot.
I really liked this video. It was put together really well. There was a lot of situations to think about. Why does a student get on facebook when in class? Why does a student skip? Why does a student cheat? If they are here to learn and get a education that should not be there main focus when in class. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGCJ46vyR9o&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Ftechliterateteacher%2Eblogspot%2Ecom%2F&feature=player_embedded


Digital Literacy

1 comment:

  1. I also agree that there is nothing more important that the students that are in our classroom. Not even technology can out do our students.

    It truly is amazing on how many people are using and depend on technology for most of their life. Technology is a wonderful think that should be integrated in the classroom.

    Good post LeeAnn,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete