Friday, September 30, 2011

C4K Summary #1

Kids

Commenting on kid’s blogs was very fun. It is very interesting to see a 2nd or 3rd grader writing a blog and using it very well. I commented on four children and those children were Dominic, Elsie, Cade, and Danielle, Sione, and Jephte. They all had great blog posts.

DOMINIC
The first comment was on a child named Dominic. Dominic is a 2nd grader and he read Smarter than Squirrels by Lucy Nolan. In his story Down Girl and Sit steal a bag of donuts and run off with them and their owner then runs after Down Girl and Sit. Dominic then says that it reminded him of when his dog stole some donuts. I posted the following comment: Hello Dominic,
My name is LeeAnn Bone and I am in a class called EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. In my class we write about so many different things and post it on our blog, like your teacher has done for you on your class blog. While looking at many different blogs I came across someone who loved animals so much. She loved all her animals, especially her dogs. When I read your story I thought about her blog. I wonder if her dog ever stole some doughnuts from her? I love your story. Do you know why they stole the doughnuts? Think they were just hungry or wanting to play? Keep up the great work Dominic! ^_^

ELSIE, CADE, and DANIELLE
The next comment was on a group of kids named Elsie, Cade, and Danielle. The kids were put into groups of two or three and then the children were given a couple minutes to talk with each other on which story they wanted to use for their interview book report and last they were instructed on how to use the notepad app on the iPad to create their interview questions. After reviewing how to interview each other and practice they began to interview. One student would operate the camera; one child asked the interview questions, while the last child answered the questions. I then posted the following comment: Hello. I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. This was a great video. It made me smile. It is good that the children are getting a use out of this iPad. I am looking forward to more videos. Keep up the great work!

SIONE
The third comment was on a a girl named Sione. She posted a video about a sports highlights. The sport was rugby. The game was very neat. She really loves that sport also. I then left the following comment: I am glad you posted this Sione. It was quite interesting. I have never watched this sport before, or have ever heard of the Roosters and the Dragons. That was a great game from the look of the highlights. Both teams had some really good shots to score. Watching and reading your post makes me want to watch this type of sport. Is it called rugby or football?

JEPHTE
The last comment was on Jephte's blog post. He had posted what they had been doing in class. They made furniture from paper and colored it. I found it to be quite awesome. I then left the comment: Hey Jephte, my name is LeeAnn. I am in a EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. These furniture design ideas are really great. I love how creative you could be with these. I probably will do one myself from the instructions you gave up above. I like your piece, the color blue is really beautiful. How has the furniture been working out?
I found all these posts to be really great. Kids are learning so much from technology and how to use it properly. I hope they keep going and learn as much as they can. For it seems that in the future technology will be used quite often.

No comments:

Post a Comment